SZKOŁA BAZYLIANSKA …, 1764.
SZKOŁA BAZYLIANSKA: ZAMYKAJĄCA NAUKI… W Wilnie [Vilnius] : w drukarni J. K. M. XX. Bazylianow, 1764.
Vilnius University Library, Rare Books Department, document No. IV 4661.
Probably the contemporary binding proper to the printing house in Vilnius in the XVIIIth century.
The cover was heavily damaged by mold, tears and paper loss in pages and sprinkled cover paper was observed. About a third part of the text-block structure was loose due to some broken cords and deformation of the spine.
Conservation treatment by Ieva Rusteikaitė.
Photographed by Raimondas Malaiška.
Note. Due to the fact that pictures were taken in different periods, there might be slight color differences in the photographs.
- Dirt and stains
- Breaks and deformations in the cover
- Tears and paper loss in the pages, endpapers, cover paper
- Ink diffusion
- Broken cord
- Loose sections
- Dry cleaning
- Repair of paper loss
- Consolidation of tears
- Consolidation of broken areas in the boards
- Consolidation and repair of the cords
- Attachment of loose sections
- Consolidation of the spine
- Endpaper repair