Sharing the knowledge through workshops, teaching and learning
Organizer, co-organizer and participant of various workshops related to the historical techniques of bookbinding:
- 15th-century binding model by Sigitas Tamulis. A five-session workshop for prospective beginners in conservation. June 2020.
- Double French Headbands workshop by Rūta Taukinaitytė Narbutienė and the Bookbinders Guild of Vilnius, 15th June 2019, Vilnius.
- Text block edge marbling workshop by Aušra Lazauskienė and the Bookbinders Guild of Vilnius, 1st of June, 2019, Vilnius.
- Paper marbling workshop by Aušra Lazauskienė, 31st of May, 2019, Vilnius.
- Vellum binding workshop by Ieva Rusteikaitė and the Bookbinders Guild of Vilnius. Based on Anne Hillam and Maria Fredericks material for the course “Dirck de Bray and Beyond”. 1st of December, 2018, Vilnius.
Given lectures and presentations
- Several classes on bookbinding history and historical decorated paper given as a part of a subject Arts of Book in Vilnius Academy of Arts, 2021 and 2022.
- “Increasing knowledge. Bookbinding models and documentary heritage research” in Archaeology of the bindings of books: introduction, opportunities and perspectives. A seminar for documental heritage professionals, Vilnius University Library, 2nd December 2019.
- Presentation “From Craft to Conservation: Issues in Preservation of Book Bindings” in Heritas 2019. International Fair of Cultural Heritage Education, Conservation and Technologies, section “Mastership. Three stories”, Vilnius, (3 May 2019).
- Presentation “The Secret to Long-Lasting Books: a short intro to ensure the long life of a library” in Heritas 2019. International Fair of Cultural Heritage Education, Conservation and Technologies, Vilnius (3 May 2019).
- Lecture “Decorative paper: From the Luxury to the Banality”, part of the lecture series “Decoration of Books”, organized by The Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences and the Bookbinders Guild of Vilnius (21st November 2017).
- Co-tutor for a practicum of a student of Corvisart-Tolbiac lycée des Arts Graphiques et Arts du Livre, Paris at Vilnius university Library. November-December, 2019.
- Tutor for a practicum on the study of bindings in the collection of the Aldine books in the Rare Books Department of Vilnius University Library of a student of master of Direction of Projects of Conservation of Heritage Collections, University of Barcelona, Faculty of Arts, Barcelona, Spain, 2017 spring semester.