DESCRIPTIO ARTIS DESTILLATORIÆ, 1651.
Glauber, J. R. FURNI NOVI PHILOSOPHICI, Sive DESCRIPTIO ARTIS DESTILLATORIÆ NOVÆ… Amsterdam, 1651.
Vilnius University Library, Rare Books Department, document No. III 2281-2282.
A contemporary Dutch style parchment binding.
The document was very damaged by mold. The text-block structure was almost completely loose.
Conservation treatment by Ieva Rusteikaitė.
Photographed by Raimondas Malaiška.
Note. Due to the fact that pictures were taken in different periods, there might be slight color differences in the photographs.
- Dirt and stains
- Parchment deformation
- Loss of cover ties
- Tears and paper loss in the pages
- Loss in the endpapers
- Loss of adhesives in the spine area
- Deformed or broken endband cores
- Loss of parchment lining in the spine area
- Damaged sewing structure
- Dry cleaning
- Repair of tears and paper loss
- Sewing structure repair and consolidation of parchment stripes
- Consolidation of the spine area
- Repair of the endpapers
- Endband repair
- Cover re-attachment to the text-block