A sample ex Officina Elzeviriana
Conservation of the 17th century sample from the Elseviers’ Printing House
Diversorum Autorum; [Jean de Laet] RESPVBLICA: Siue Status Regni POLONIÆ, LITVANIÆ, PRVSSIÆ, LIVONIÆ etc. Ex Officina Elzeviriana, 1642.
Vilnius University Library, Rare Books Department, document No. III E 68
Conservation by Ieva Rusteikaitė.
Photographed by Raimondas Malaiška, Gediminas Bernotas.
Note. Due to the fact that pictures were taken in different periods, there might be slight color differences in the photographs.
- Damage of the leather
- Loose front cover ansdseveral sheets
- Broken cords
- Tears and loss in the sheets
- Defoliation of the boards
- Dry cleaning
- Repair of paper loss
- Repair of the broken cords
- Reattachment of the loose cover and sheets
- Consolidation of the boards
- Leather loss repair