A Bible from Berlin
Conservation of the Bible (“Bybelė”) in Lithuanian language, published in Berlin at the beginning of the 20th century, printed in Gothic letters.
Conservation by Ieva Rusteikaitė.
Note. Due to the fact that pictures were taken in different periods, there might be slight color differences in the photographs.
- Dust and dirt
- Small Tears and loss in sheets, especially the last section and endpapers
- Loose covers
- Complete loss of the cover spine
- Important loss in the covering material
- Deformation and defoliation of board corners
- Previous repair
- Separated sections and leaves
- Separation of previous repair
- Mould prevention (desinfection)
- Dry cleaning
- Paper loss repair
- Consolidation of defoliated and deformed board
- Reattachment of loose sections and leaves
- Consolidation of block spine
- Repair of the covering material
- Repair of the cover
- Cover attachment to the text - block