Three books of Joachim Lelewel
Conservation of three rare 19th century prints, bound in one volume.
I. Lelewel, Joachim (1786–1861). Pisma pomniéjszé geograficzno-historyczné. Warszawa : [s.n.], 1814. – , 77, , 28, 36, , 56, 5,  p.,  žml. ; 20 cm (Lelev. 48).
II. Lelewel, Joachim (1786–1861). Odkrycia Karthagów i Greków na Oceanie Atlanckim. W Warszawie : w Drukarni XX. Piiarów, 1821. – 177,  p.,  sulankst. žml. lap. (Lelev. 49).
III. Lelewel, Joachim (1786–1861). Pythéas de Marseille et la géographie de son temps… Paris : [J. Straszewicz], 1836. – 74,  p.,  sulankst. žml. (Lelev. 50).
The document is preserved in the Rare Prints Department of Vilnius University Library.
Conservation by Ieva Rusteikaitė and Nijolė Sinkevičienė.
Photographed by Raimondas Malaiška, Ieva Rusteikaitė.
Note. Due to the fact that pictures were taken in different periods, there might be slight color differences in the photographs.
- Dust and dirt
- Loose back cover
- Loss in covering materials
- Deformation and defoliation of board corners
- Separated sections and leaves
- Fragile structure of the second half of text-block with folded maps
- Dry cleaning
- Paper loss repair and consolidation with tissue paper
- Separation of cover parts
- Covering materials loss repair
- Consolidation of defoliated board
- Reattachment of loose sections and folded leaves
- Structural cover repair