Pantheon Argutae Eruditionis Fundamentis Gravissimis De Amplificationibus Exfructum In Principe Collegio Jaroslaviensi Soc. Jesu […], S. l., 1734.
Vilnius University Library, Manuscript Department, Collection of Treatises and Research Work, document No. F3-890.
Conservation by senior conservator Rita Kalinauskienė (paper treatment) and Ieva Rusteikaitė (paper treatment & binding conservation).
Photographed by Ieva Rusteikaitė.
Note. Due to the fact that pictures were taken in different periods, there might be slight color differences in the photographs.
- Dirt and stains
- Tears and paper loss in the pages
- Detachment of 50 % of gatherings
- Broken cord
- Almost complete detachment of the front cover
- Complete loss of covering material in the spine area
- Defoliation of cardboards
- Partial loss of covering paper
- Dry cleaning
- Repair of tears and paper loss
- Repair of the broken cord
- Attachment of the loose gatherings
- Rounding and consolidation of the text-block spine
- Repair of defoliated cardboards
- Mounting of the loose front cover
- Repair of the covering paper and leather
- Repair of the endleaves
Materials introduced during the treatment
- Wheat starch paste
- Linen tread
- Dyed custom-made laid paper (cotton & hemp fibers)
- Japanese paper
- Dyed calf leather